Monday, November 19, 2012

Not So Dirty Thirty

Getting old sucks. Plain and simple.

Remember when we were younger, all we wanted to do was grow up and be able to do whatever we wanted? I wonder what age it is, when your mind flips and decides, "hey, this getting old thing isn't cool. I want to be young again!"

Decade birthdays frighten me.

Well, I didn't have a big 'dirty thirty' party like my friends without kids have, but that's okay. I had a great birthday weekend. Friday a friend came over with her niece, we went to Applebee's then came home and killed off a bottle of Morse Code wine. Saturday we went out for breakfast at Ihop, then Cale and I went to the Adventuredome for a kids party. On Sunday, the boys made me cards and Brian sent me for a nice spa day that included a deep tissue massage, haircut, manicure and pedicure. It was nice. They put candles in a cupcake and sang to me. Ended the night with a glass of wine, a book and a hot bubble bath.

Now I venture on to juggling moving during the Thanksgiving week and weekend. I am reluctant to leave our home, but looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.


'










11





















































No comments:

Post a Comment